Report a change for benefits

If you are getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you must tell us about changes in your circumstances.

The types of changes we need to know about:

This list is not a complete list. If in doubt, contact us on 01823 356321.

If you are already getting one of these six benefits:

... and you have a change in your circumstances which means you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits, you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit.

For example, if you currently get Housing Benefit and Jobseekers Allowance and you move into work and would otherwise claim Tax Credits, you will need to claim Universal Credit.  The help towards your rent would come from Universal Credit, not Housing Benefit.  If you currently get Council Tax Support from us, you will continue to get help towards your Council Tax bill from the Council.

How to report a change

You can: