Report a change of circumstance
Our online form
You can choose which Council services are told about the change to your circumstances. The Revenues and Benefits Service who deal with Council Tax billing and collection will always be told of any changes made using our online form. This form will also allow you to report the change to other Council services, such as:
- Electoral services
- Car Parking
- Waste services
Use our online change of circumstances form to tell us about changes we need to know about:
Change of address
If you are new to the area, moved address within the area or have moved out of the area.
Report the death of a friend or family member.
Landlords and letting agents
Tell us about any changes to your rental property. Provide full details about the occupation or vacation of tenants including tenancy start and end dates and forwarding or previous addresses.
Tell us about house sales. Provide the full names of the new owners of properties and their previous address and the forwarding address of the previous owners.
Changes affecting your Council Tax discount or reduction
You must tell us within 21 days if someone:
- Comes to stay with you for a period of time and you are currently get a single person discount
- In your household becomes 18 years old and you currently claim a single person discount
- Moves out and you are now the only adult living in the property residing in the property who is over 18, you may be entitled to a Discount
Changes affecting your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
If you are getting Housing Benefit or the Council's means-tested Council Tax Support you must use the online benefits change of circumstance form to tell us about the following changes within 21 days:
- Changes to your or your partner's income, tax credit, capital or savings, including getting a new benefit or a benefit ending
- You or someone living with you starting work
- Changes to the income of any other adults living with you, including getting a new benefit or a benefit ending
- When any of your children leave school or start work
- If you are a private tenant, any changes to your tenancy agreement or rent
- When a dependant child, non-dependant or partner leaves or moves in
- When a sub-tenant or boarder moves in, leaves or you change the amount of rent you charge them