The Conservatives Group have overall political control in this Borough.
Following the elections on 7 May 2015 Taunton Deane Borough Council is made up of 56 Councillors (also known as Members) who are elected for 4 years.
Councillor John Williams is Leader of the Council. There are 56 Borough Councillors and the composition of the Council is Conservative: 33, Liberal Democrat: 15, Labour: 2, Green Party: 1 UKIP: 1 and Independent: 4.
- Mayor of Taunton Deane - Cllr Catherine Herbert
- Deputy Mayor of Taunton Deane - Cllr Francesca Smith
- Leader of the Council - Cllr John Williams
- Deputy Leader of the Council - Cllr Mark Edwards
- Portfolio Holder for Business Development, Asset Management and Communications - Cllr Mark Edwards
- Portfolio Holder for Planning Policy and Transportation - Cllr Richard Parrish
- Portfolio Holder for Sports, Parks and Leisure - Cllr Vivienne Stock-Williams
- Portfolio Holder for Housing Services - Cllr Stephen Martin-Scott
- Portfolio Holder for Corporate Resources - Cllr Andrew Sully
- Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services - Cllr Patrick Berry
- Portfolio Holder for Community Leadership - Cllr Jane Warmington
The Mayor and Deputy Mayor are appointed on a yearly basis at the Annual Meeting of the Council usually held in May.
Political Group Leaders
Councillor John Williams - Leader of the Council
Councillor Edward Gaines
Councillor Ms Libby Lisgo MBE
Councillor Simon Coles
Councillor David Mansell
Councillor Thomas Aldridge