Spend over £500 open data
|What is in this data?
||The data files list payments that we have made to suppliers each month, where the combined value of an invoice is over £500. Not included are expenses received by officers and members in the course of their duties.
||Our data is provided under the terms of the Open Government Licence
|Why we publish this type of data
||This dataset is a requirement of the Local Government Transparency Code 2015
|How often is it published?
||We are required to publish this information at least quarterly however we aim to provide a new set of data monthly for the preceding month.
|What does each column mean?
The data contains fields for:
- Theme – The high level grouping of the Council Division making the payment
- Body - The organisation making the payment. In our case, Taunton Deane Borough Council
- Company – A code identifying Taunton Deane Borough Council
- Service Area Org – service area making the payment
- Service Division Org – further identifier of the service area making the payment
Responsible Unit - The service group within the council that is responsible for the payment
- Expense Type – high level classification of spend type
- Detailed Expense Typ – further detail concerning the expense type
- Expense Code – additional detail concerning the expense type
- Narrative – additional notes to explain payment
- Payment Date - The date of the transaction
- Transaction Number - A unique reference for each payment. Please quote this number if you contact us wishing to know more about a particular payment
- Amount - The amount of the payment in pounds. VAT is not included
- Capital / Revenue - Indicates the type of Cost Centre
- Supplier Name - The name of the supplier as it appears on our records
- Contract ID – not used
- Commitment – internal code to indicate the type of spend
- Cost Centre – the budget to which the spend has been allocated (unique ref to TDBC)
- Order Number – Purchase order number
|What data have we removed?
There are occasions where the 'Supplier Name' has been replaced with:
- REDACTED PERSONAL DATA where the data would otherwise identify an individual in the context of their private life
- REDACTED COMMERCIAL CONFIDENTIALITY where a confidentiality agreement prohibits the council from naming a supplier
|What formats are available?
||csv - which can be used with most spreadsheet style programs.
pdf - which can be viewed as a document.
|How to ask for more information
||If you have queries with any of the payments listed in the data, please contact us on 01823 218743 specifying the name of the file you are referring to, the Transaction Number, and what additional information you require.
We provide the last 12 months worth of Spend Over £500 data. If you require details prior to this time please ask.
Information and resources
From April 2017 Taunton Deane Borough Council changed over to a new Finance system. The Spend over £500 reports are currently being developed in a new format and will be uploaded shortly.