Transfer a caravan site licence

If you are the occupier of land that holds a caravan site licence and you are selling or giving up the land then you must apply for the licence to be transferred to the new occupier.

You can apply to transfer a caravan site licence online.  Alternatively you can download a caravan site licence transfer application form and, when it’s completed send it to us with a payment of £27.

You can find out how the Council constructs its fees by downloading the document Guidance on fee construction.

Once we receive your application we will review it and decide whether to give consent to the licence being transferred. We will then inform you of our decision.

You should allow at least one month for your application to be processed.

Laws and regulation

Caravan Site licences are issued and transferred under the Caravan Site and Control of Development Act 1960.