House to house collection

If you want to collect money or property, door to door, from houses or businesses, you will need a house to house collection permit.

If you are 16 or over you can apply or take part in a house to house collection.

Charities who hold a an exemption issued to them by the Secretary of State do not need to apply for a house to house collection permit. A permit is also not needed if the Chief Constable of the Police for the Taunton area grants an Exemption Certificate.

You can apply for a house to house collection permit online. Alternatively you can download a house to house collection application form and, when it is completed, send it into us.

You can apply to collect for a period of up to 12 months.

Once we have received and checked your application we will send you:

You must return the statement form to us no later than a month after your collection, completed with the amounts you have raised and any deductions.

We will issue your permit within 1 month.

Laws and regulation

House to house collection permits are issued under the House to House Collections Act 1939.